The Royal Villa is near Lucca, Italy and was built in the high medieval period and developed after 1651 when the Orsetti’s purchased the property.
In 1806 Elisa Baciocchi, who was the sister of Napoleon Bonaparte, purchased the property and began to develop the garden.
Elisa kept the formality of the English garden in the forefront as she laid out the garden with straight axes.
Even if the central part of the garden is formal, there are parts of the side gardens that are informal such as the Camellia garden and the meandering creek running through it.
The water features in this garden are amazing from the huge placid lake to the rushing waterfalls and heads gushing out enormous quantities of water.
The Spanish garden has several fountains and is inspired by Spanish-Moorish design.
Pan’s Grotto with decorations made from stone and limestone.